Turmeric is a golden-colored magical spice known for its medicinal and beautifying properties. Turmeric can be used to get rid of many skin problems. It has had its own place in Ayurveda for its antiseptic, antibiotic, antibacterial, astringent, and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric contains vitamin B6, which is helpful for the formation of new skin cells and helps in keeping the skin healthy. This spice is also rich in vitamin C, which helps the skin build collagen and maintain its elasticity. Turmeric is high in potassium and magnesium as well. While potassium hydrates and moisturizes the skin, magnesium adds glow to the skin and slows down its aging process.
Learn how to use turmeric for each skin type and eliminate skin problems.
Turmeric For Dry Skin
Turmeric should be mixed with olive oil and egg white to prepare a hydrating and nourishing mask for the skin to treat dry and damaged skin.
1. Take 1 egg white, 2 drops of olive oil, and a pinch of turmeric in a bowl.
2. Add fresh lemon juice and rose water to it and stir well to make a fine paste.
3. Apply this mask on the face, neck, knees, and elbows, and leave it to dry.
4. Rinse it off with warm water.
5. Repeat this remedy daily to get hydrated and moisturized skin.
Note: As an alternative, you can mix turmeric with milk, oatmeal, and honey to make a paste and apply it on your face and neck to treat dull and dry skin.
Turmeric For Oily Skin
Turmeric is helpful in reducing the production of sebum and treat oily skin
Turmeric is helpful in reducing the production of sebum, which is an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. When the production of sebum gets regulated, the skin is prevented from producing excess oil. Sandalwood is used in this process, and it acts as an astringent, while orange juice used in this remedy helps in clearing the breakouts and blemishes in the skin.
1. Take 1 ½ tablespoons of sandalwood powder in a bowl.
2. Add ⅛ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 tablespoons of orange juice to make a fine paste.
3. Apply the mixture on the face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
5. Repeat the process daily until your oily skin gets treated.
Turmeric For Tanning And Pigmentation
Turmeric is helpful in remedies for tanning and skin pigmentation.
Turmeric is known for its antiseptic properties and amazing skin soothing and skin whitening properties that help in clearing the skin from tanning and pigmentation.
1. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and fresh lemon juice to make a fine paste.
2. Apply it on the affected parts of the skin and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Wash it off with cool water and pat dry.
4. Repeat the remedy daily to get relieved from tanning and pigmentation.
Note: You may use cucumber juice instead of lemon juice and follow the same process.
1. Alternatively, you can mix 1 teaspoon each of tomato juice and dark brown sugar, ⅛ teaspoon of turmeric, and ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with warm green tea and apply on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and exfoliate to get rid of pigmentation in the skin.
2. For tanning, take ½ teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of yogurt and mix them together with 3 teaspoons of gram flour to make a fine paste. Apply the mixture on the tanned area in the form of a pack. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off with cool water. You will notice the suntan getting lighter in color and daily usage of the pack will help it vanish slowly. Remember not to use soap for 5 hours after this application.